For those that can make it, we meet up once a week as a group to do some kind of up-tempo work together. We base most of our training around the PA USATF racing schedule, which gives us a Spring and Fall season. There are no official practices in January and June, unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday nights – 6:15pm – Los Gatos HS Track (105 New York Ave, LG)
- The workout begins at 6:15pm, so it is recommended that you get there early enough to warm up and get some strides and drills in (~5:30). Announcements will be made ahead of time if there is a location change.
- Typically you will find us warming up 1-2 miles on the track in the outside lanes running in the clockwise direction
- BRING (recommended): Water, warm clothes for before/after, stopwatch, headlamp (depending on the time of year), and a fun attitude!
- If you can’t make it to Tuesday night workouts, Coach Lisa sends out a weekly email with the planned workout for the evening that you can do on your own time.
WEEKEND GROUP RUNS
- Sunday Group Runs – 8:30am – Athletic Performance LG (55 W Main St, LG)
- If we don’t have a race, we often meet at the running store and head out for group runs
- Runs are any distance and pace that you feel comfortable with
- Typically the options include (3-14 miles):
- Flat along the paved Los Gatos Creek Trail (out & back)
- Hillier trails along the “Dammit Run” course and up St Joseph’s trail
- The rolling “Reservoir Loop” (11+ miles)
- Other occasional group runs and meetups are also available at various locations around the bay area (SF, East Bay, Santa Cruz, etc)